Man in his 50s dies after car and lorry crash on A47
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after his car was in collision with a lorry.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the crash, which happened on the A47 King's Lynn southern bypass at around 11.30am on Friday.
A grey Mercedes A180 collided with the rear of a Scania lorry on the westbound carriageway near the Pullover roundabout.
The driver of the Mercedes, a man in his 50s, suffered serious life-threatening injuries and was taken by ambulance to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, where he later died.
Long tailbacks built up as the westbound A47 was closed for more than five hours.
A police spokesman said: 'Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision or has information concerning the driving manner of either vehicle prior to the incident.
'Witnesses should contact the serious collision investigation team at Wymondham on 101.'
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 5 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 6 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 7 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 'Man with a van' fined for dumping waste in village
- 10 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze