Man in his 50s dies after car and lorry crash on A47
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after his car was in collision with a lorry.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the crash, which happened on the A47 King's Lynn southern bypass at around 11.30am on Friday.
A grey Mercedes A180 collided with the rear of a Scania lorry on the westbound carriageway near the Pullover roundabout.
The driver of the Mercedes, a man in his 50s, suffered serious life-threatening injuries and was taken by ambulance to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, where he later died.
Long tailbacks built up as the westbound A47 was closed for more than five hours.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: 'Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision or has information concerning the driving manner of either vehicle prior to the incident.
'Witnesses should contact the serious collision investigation team at Wymondham on 101.'
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 5 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 6 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 7 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 8 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year