Man dies after city stabbing
A man died yesterday following a stabbing at Norwich's Chapelfield Shopping Centre. Police were called to the HMV store, which was packed with Christmas shoppers, just after 3.20pm to reports that two men had been stabbed.
A man died yesterday following a stabbing at Norwich's Chapelfield Shopping Centre.
Police were called to the HMV store, which was packed with Christmas shoppers, just after 3.20pm to reports that two men had been stabbed.
One of the victims suffered minor injuries but the other was seriously hurt and died shortly after arriving at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
Uniformed officers, dog patrols and the force helicopter were sent to the scene.
One man was arrested following a short foot chase in the Queens Road area of Norwich and the second man was arrested in Hall Road, near to Hobart Square.
Chief Inspector Roger Wiltshire said: “What has happened today is a complete tragedy.
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 RAF flypast to pass through Norfolk's skies
- 3 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 4 'He could've gone all the way' - Mum's tribute to aspiring boxer, 19
- 5 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 6 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 7 Two Norfolk spots named among best places in Britain for a weekend break
- 8 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 9 Star-studded line-up announced for free Norfolk festival
- 10 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
“Our thoughts and condolences are with the victim's family and friends at this time.
“Thankfully, incidents like this are extremely unusual in Norwich.
“We have launched a full investigation into what happened and currently have two individuals under arrest.”
The store was sealed off while police interviewed shocked staff.
An 18-year-old and a 19-year-old were being questioned by police at separate stations last night.