Man dies after car collides with telegraph pole
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 40s died after his car collided with a telegraph pole.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the crash, which happened near Diss last night.
Officers were called at approximately 5.30pm following reports that a black Mercedes had collided with a telegraph pole on Fersfield Road in Fersfield before coming to rest in a nearby field.
The driver, a man aged in his 40s, died at the scene. The passenger, a man aged in his 50s was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with leg injuries, which are not believed to be life changing.
Officers are appealing for anyone who saw the collision, the manner of driving prior to the incident, or has dashcam footage, to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact the serious collision investigation team at Norfolk police on 101 quoting incident number NC-02092020-298.
- 1 Family of missing man informed after body found in water
- 2 'Stay local' warning and visitors fined after hundreds head to Sea Palling
- 3 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 4 Police give out £200 penalty notices to day-trippers for second weekend running
- 5 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 6 Tributes to kind-hearted dad-of-three who died from Covid
- 7 Cardiac arrest call sparks rescue operation near beauty spot
- 8 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 9 Households with children to get two Covid tests per person every week
- 10 Family of missing man informed after body found near lake