Man dies after car crashes into building in Halesworth
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A man has died after the car he was driving collided with a building in Halesworth.
Firefighters from Halesworth, Bungay and Lowestoft, along with police and the ambulance service were called to Bridge Street at the junction with The Thoroughfare following a single-vehicle crash just before 3.10pm.
The single occupant of the car, a man, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The vehicle, a blue Volvo, struck The Hawk, a women's clothing shop, near the World Land Trust Gallery.
Bridge Street remains closed in both directions while structural engineers assess the damage to the building, and The Thoroughfare is also closed.
You may also want to watch:
The East of England Ambulance Service sent a rapid response car, a paramedic officer and an ambulance to the scene.
An ambulance spokesman said: 'The man died at the scene, there was not much we could do, unfortunately. He was trapped and he could not be removed from the car quickly enough for us to be able to save him.'
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 7 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 8 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR