Man in his 70s dies after car crashes into lamp post
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 70s has died after a crash near Wymondham.
Police were called to the Wymondham-bound carriageway of the B1172, near Elm Farm Business Park at Norwich Common, just before 3.15pm on Monday afternoon.
The incident saw a silver Mini Countryman car leave the road and crash into a lamp post.
The driver, a man in his 70s, died at the scene.
The road was closed while emergency services, including the air ambulance, dealt with the incident. It reopened shortly after 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
Officers would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision or the manner of driving of the Mini Countryman before the collision.
Witnesses should contact Andy Hughes in the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101 or email Andrew.firstname.lastname@example.org quoting CAD reference 255 of July 8, 2019.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 4 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named