Man denies responsibility for gas explosion at Gorleston home

The case was sent to Norwich Crown Court. Photo: PA

The case was sent to Norwich Crown Court. Photo: PA - Credit: PA

A Belton man has denied responsibility for a gas explosion at a home in Gorleston that caused a woman serious injuries.

Following the fitting of an electric cooker beneath a gas hob on March 5 last year, a wall was blown out of the kitchen on Frederick Road.

David Guymer, of Belton, was charged with failing to discharge his duty, namely the replacement of an electric oven, under the Health and Safety at Work etc Act.

He pleaded not guilty at Great Yarmouth Magistrates' Court yesterday and the case will now be heard before Norwich Crown Court on March 3.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter