Man crushed between boat and bridge at Hoveton
A young man is being treated at a specialist trauma centre after he was crushed between a bridge and a boat at Hoveton.
The man, believed to be in his 20s, suffered chest injuries in the incident yesterday afternoon, near the King's Head Hotel.
He was flown to the trauma centre at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge, by the Essex Air Ambulance.
A land ambulance and the East of England Ambulance Service's (EEAST) hazardous area response team also attended.
EEAST spokesman Gary Sanderson said the man was airlifted after treatment, stabilisation and immobilisation at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Emergency services were first alerted at about 2.30pm.
A spokesman at the King's Head said the area was screened off for about three hours while medics were at the scene but he declined to comment further because of the distress the accident had caused the victim's family.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 3 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 4 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 5 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 6 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 8 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 9 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 10 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion