Man charged with GBH following Great Yarmouth attack
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with grievous bodily harm in connection with an attack in Great Yarmouth - which left the victim with serious head injuries.
Viktoras Sukackas, 28, of Northgate Street, was charged with GBH with intent yesterday evening and appeared at Norwich Magistrate's Court this morning.
He has been remanded in custody to appear at Norwich Crown Court on Friday, October 3.
The charge relates to an incident in Frederick Road, off Northgate Street, at around 9.30pm on Wednesday.
The victim, a man in his 50s, was taken to the James Paget Hospital where he remains and is described as being in a stable condition.
You may also want to watch:
No further action will be taken against a 27-year-old woman also arrested in connection with the assault.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 3 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 4 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 5 Holidaymakers rescued after boat lodged under bridge
- 6 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 7 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 8 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 9 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 10 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month