Man charged with drink driving after car blaze yards from petrol pumps in Weeting
- Credit: Archant
A 48-year-old man has been charged with drink driving after firefighters were called to a car on fire just yards from a petrol station's pumps.
Three fire crews were called to the forecourt of Breckland Garage, in Lynn Road, Weeting, last night after an electrical fault caused a fire in a Citroen van at around 10pm.
Firefighters tackled the blaze in just under half an hour.
Norfolk Police were also called to the scene and arrested Geoffrey Pears, of Mildred Grove, York.
They arrested Pears in Saxon Place, Weeting, follow enquiries.
He was later charged with drink driving and released on bail.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 4 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 5 New 4,000 home garden village idea criticised by countryside charity
- 6 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 7 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 8 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 9 Ongoing roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 10 Which of the major shops are staying closed this Boxing Day?