Man charged with criminal damage after urinating in police van in Diss
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2014
A man has been charged with criminal damage after relieving himself inside a police van.
He was on his way to custody on Wednesday, May 31, after officers in Diss arrested him for 'domestic related issues'.
Officers said he then required medical attention but became 'rude and abusive' in front of children and members of the public in A&E.
One tweeted: 'Male charged with both offences criminal damage to the van and public order offence. Big team effort and some tired eyes today.'
Elsewhere in the town officers had a busy night, with 10 vehicles stopped for minor defects or the manner in which they were being driven and two people given roadside cautions for possession of cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
Police are also warning householders to be on their guard after reports of door-to-door salesmen operating in Diss. Officers warn people who buy from them are not covered by consumer protection.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 3 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 4 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 6 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 7 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 8 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Iconic seafront property sold as developer donates £50,000 to lifeboats