Man charged with criminal damage after urinating in police van in Diss
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2014
A man has been charged with criminal damage after relieving himself inside a police van.
He was on his way to custody on Wednesday, May 31, after officers in Diss arrested him for 'domestic related issues'.
Officers said he then required medical attention but became 'rude and abusive' in front of children and members of the public in A&E.
One tweeted: 'Male charged with both offences criminal damage to the van and public order offence. Big team effort and some tired eyes today.'
Elsewhere in the town officers had a busy night, with 10 vehicles stopped for minor defects or the manner in which they were being driven and two people given roadside cautions for possession of cannabis.
Police are also warning householders to be on their guard after reports of door-to-door salesmen operating in Diss. Officers warn people who buy from them are not covered by consumer protection.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 5 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 6 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 9 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 10 Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'