Man charged with arson after bedroom fire in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
A 37-year-old man has been charged with arson after a fire at a property in Lowestoft.
Police were called to Belvedere Road at 2.20pm yesterday (Monday, June 6) by fire crews who were dealing with what is believed to have been a suspicious fire.
Thomas Bailey, from Belvedere Road, was arrested in connection with the incident and 'has subsequently been charged with arson endangering life', according to a police spokesman.
'He has been remanded in custody and is due to appear before Norwich Magistrates' Court today.'
Firefighters arrived at the scene just before 2pm and used breathing apparatus and a hose reel to put out the blaze by 2.34pm.
You may also want to watch:
The crews had left the scene by 4.30pm.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 4 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 7 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 8 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 9 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home