Man charged for failing to provide breath test following four-vehicle crash in Billingford
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A man has been charged after failing to provide a breath test following a crash involving three cars and a van in a mid Norfolk village.
The accident happened on the Main Road in Billingford, near Dereham, just after 9pm on Saturday, April 15.
Tom Fletcher, 54, of The Street, Sparham, who was driving a Chevrolet Kalos, was arrested at the scene and has been charged with failing to provide a breath test.
Insp Jerry Wright, of Norfolk Police, said officers were called after a Chevrolet Kalos was involved in a crash with a Toyota MR2 Convertible, Vauxhall Vivaro and Fiat Scudo van.
Insp Wright said a five-year-old child was in the Chevrolet at the time of the crash but did not need to be taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Paramedics from the East of England Ambulance Service Trust were called as well as firefighters from Reepham and Dereham.
Fletcher is due to appear at Norwich Magistrates' Court on May 9, 2017.
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 5 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 6 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 7 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 8 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash