Man charged after brandishing a chainsaw in Beccles bar
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A 39-year-old man has been charged with affray after he entered a Beccles bar brandishing a chainsaw.
Mark Jones, of London Road South, Lowestoft, was arrested after police were called to The Kings Head Hotel in New Market on Saturday, December 10, following reports that he was at the premises with the weapon.
He answered bail at Great Yarmouth police investigation centre on December 21, where he was re-bailed until Friday and then charged.
He will appear at Great Yarmouth Magistrates Court on February 22.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 3 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 6 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 7 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 8 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 9 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards
- 10 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK