Man burns face lighting bonfire in Trunch

JB-1-FIRE-SERVICE-APPLIANCE-re

- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011

A man burnt his face after trying to light a bonfire with petrol.

Mundesley firefighters went to the scene of the incident, on Mundesley Road, Trunch, shortly after 11.30am today.

Crew manager Paul Cosgrove said firefighters had treated the man at the scene and he had not needed hospital treatment.

'It could have been serious but fortunately it wasn't. The gentleman received only minor facial burns. He was advised, as a precaution, to seek advice from somewhere like the Minor Injuries Unit at Cromer Hospital,' he added.

'The message is please don't use petrol to light bonfires.'

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter