Police called to Norfolk tip after man blocks entrance
- Credit: Archant
Police were called to an incident at a Norfolk recycling tip after a man blocked the entrance with his van.
A man reportedly blocked the entrance of Saddlebow recycling centre in King’s Lynn after being told he was unable to take his van on site.
Police were called to the dispute on Tuesday, May 12, which led to queues building up outside the area.
Officers calmed the situation down without any arrests.
An eyewitness said: “By the looks of things he was told he couldn’t take his van in and acted like a pure child and blocked the entrance.
You may also want to watch:
“It carried on for about 20 minutes and then the old bill turned up and told him to get out of the way.
“When I left, they had him to the side and it looked like they were just talking to him.
- 1 Family of missing man informed after body found in water
- 2 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 3 'Stay local' warning and visitors fined after hundreds head to Sea Palling
- 4 Police give out £200 penalty notices to day-trippers for second weekend running
- 5 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 6 Tributes to kind-hearted dad-of-three who died from Covid
- 7 Cardiac arrest call sparks rescue operation near beauty spot
- 8 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 9 'They think they can get away with it' - crowds flock to seaside village
- 10 Households with children to get two Covid tests per person every week
“The tip workers were walking up and down while it was all going on trying to explain everything.”