Man bailed after drugs arrest in connection with serious Barton Mills crash
- Credit: James Bass
A man from the Norwich area has been released on police bail after a crash on the A1065 near Barton Mills on Friday.
The crash happened between Barton Mills and Eriswell at about 2.30pm and involved three vehicles, with one ending up on its side by the road.
Police, fire and ambulance personnel attended and a woman that was in the vehicle on its side was airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital with serious injuries. She remains in a stable but serious condition.
A man in his late 20s, from the Norwich area, was arrested on suspicion of driving while under the influence of drugs but has been released on police bail until February 7.
The road was closed at the junction with the B1112 and at the Fiveways roundabout following the collision.
You may also want to watch:
The vehicles involved are thought to have been a black Audi A4, a black Renault Megane and a black Ford Mondeo.
• Anyone with information on the collision is asked to call Suffolk police on 101, quoting CAD 213 of Friday, December 30.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 7 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 8 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 9 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 10 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift