Man bailed after drugs arrest in connection with serious Barton Mills crash
- Credit: James Bass
A man from the Norwich area has been released on police bail after a crash on the A1065 near Barton Mills on Friday.
The crash happened between Barton Mills and Eriswell at about 2.30pm and involved three vehicles, with one ending up on its side by the road.
Police, fire and ambulance personnel attended and a woman that was in the vehicle on its side was airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital with serious injuries. She remains in a stable but serious condition.
A man in his late 20s, from the Norwich area, was arrested on suspicion of driving while under the influence of drugs but has been released on police bail until February 7.
The road was closed at the junction with the B1112 and at the Fiveways roundabout following the collision.
You may also want to watch:
The vehicles involved are thought to have been a black Audi A4, a black Renault Megane and a black Ford Mondeo.
• Anyone with information on the collision is asked to call Suffolk police on 101, quoting CAD 213 of Friday, December 30.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 7 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools