Man attacked during burglary in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A man who was assaulted during a burglary required hospital treatment for his injuries.
Great Yarmouth CID are appealing for witnesses to an aggravated burglary which took place late on Tuesday, March 7.
Two men forced their way into a home on Middlemarket Road, Great Yarmouth between 10am and 11.30pm and attacked a man in his early 40s.
The victim was hit several times causing injuries to his head, hands and forearms which required assessment at the James Paget Hospital.
The offenders are described as both being white and wearing dark hooded tops with the hoods up at the time of the incident. They were thought to have two white dogs with them.
You may also want to watch:
DC Gary Brown, Yarmouth CID, appealed for further information saying: 'Based on the investigation so far, we believe that this was a targeted assault and nearby residents are not thought to be at risk.'
DC Brown can be contacted on 101 or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 2 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 3 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 4 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 6 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 7 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 8 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 9 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 10 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues