Man arrested with blade after fleeing scene of Fakenham crash
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2012
A man was arrested after fleeing the scene of a crash at Hempton, near Fakenham, late last night.
Emergency services were called to the scene of the collision, between a Corsa and a Range Rover, on the A1065 at 11.35pm.
The man, who is believed to have been driving the 4x4, left the scene of the crash but returned and was arrested by police on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol as well as for possessing a bladed article after a search found a weapon.
The police helicopter helped assist police in searching for the man, in his 30s, who comes from the Kent area.
The ambulance service treated two patients and one was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with minor injuries.
The suspect has been released on bail until August 31 while further investigations are carried out.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 5 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 6 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 9 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 10 Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'