Man arrested on suspicion of drink driving after car demolishes wall in King’s Lynn
- Credit: Ian Burt
A man has been arrested after a car demolished a garden wall.
A silver Volkswagen Polo ploughed into the wall of a property in King's Lynn in the early hours of today.
The impact left rubble strewn across the front garden of the house on Grimston Road, South Wootton.
The 54-reg silver VW, which had Clean Me written into dirt on its bodywork also appeared to be a write-off.
No-one is believed to have been injured in the incident, which happened at around 5am near the traffic lights at the junction with Castle Rising Road.
You may also want to watch:
King's Lynn police tweeted: 'Drink driver just arrested on Grimston Road South Wootton after crashing into a garden wall.'
A spokesman said a man, aged in his 20s, was still in custody this morning.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
The car, which appeared to have collided with the wall at right angles, was still in situ during this morning's rush hour.