Man arrested on suspicion of drink driving after car demolishes wall in King’s Lynn
- Credit: Ian Burt
A man has been arrested after a car demolished a garden wall.
A silver Volkswagen Polo ploughed into the wall of a property in King's Lynn in the early hours of today.
The impact left rubble strewn across the front garden of the house on Grimston Road, South Wootton.
The 54-reg silver VW, which had Clean Me written into dirt on its bodywork also appeared to be a write-off.
No-one is believed to have been injured in the incident, which happened at around 5am near the traffic lights at the junction with Castle Rising Road.
King's Lynn police tweeted: 'Drink driver just arrested on Grimston Road South Wootton after crashing into a garden wall.'
A spokesman said a man, aged in his 20s, was still in custody this morning.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 4 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 5 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 6 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 9 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk
- 10 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
The car, which appeared to have collided with the wall at right angles, was still in situ during this morning's rush hour.