Man arrested in Northrepps on suspicion of firearms offences
- Credit: Ally McGilvray
Police have arrested a man on suspicion of firearms offences in Northrepps.
Officers issued a warrant at an address in School Lane on Friday and seized a large quantity of firearms and ammunition.
A 35-year-old from the Northrepps area has been arrested on suspicion of firearms offences and has since been released on police bail pending further enquiries.
Officers are continuing searches today and a cordon has been put in place in order to allow officers to carry out that work.
Chief inspector Ady Porter said: 'While there is further work to be carried out at the address we expect that to be completed on Saturday.
'I would like to reassure the public that we do not believe there is any wider risk to the local community.'
- 1 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 2 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 3 'Heartbreaking' - Vandals force landmark church to close after damage spree
- 4 Cyclist's relief as driver is convicted following traumatic accident
- 5 Man charged with murder of 19-year-old daughter
- 6 Hospital worker set for £60,000 payout after raising 'bullying' concerns
- 7 Schools face classroom closures due to Covid
- 8 Two men charged with murder after death in Downham Market
- 9 Escaped giant eagle owl spotted in Norwich city centre
- 10 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips