Man arrested in grounds at Dereham’s Neatherd High School
- Credit: Ian Burt
A man has been arrested on the grounds of Neatherd High School in Dereham this morning.
Police were called at 9.20am to reports of a man acting suspiciously in the Norwich Road area of Dereham.
A Norfolk police spokesman said: 'Officers were deployed to the scene along with the support of the police helicopter.
'A 20-year-old man wanted by police on recall to prison for breaching the terms of his license was arrested a short time later.
'He has been taken into custody and will be returned to prison.'
You may also want to watch:
Neatherd High School posted a statement on its website this morning, which stated: 'A man was apprehended on the school site this morning.
'The police liaised with the school throughout and assured us that he did not present a danger to our students and staff. He gained access by jumping over a school fence.
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 4 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 5 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 6 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 7 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 8 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 9 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 10 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
'The matter has now been resolved and school business continued as normal throughout'.