Man arrested in Great Yarmouth for threatening people with a pair of hammers
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
A man was arrested in Great Yarmouth this morning, for threatening people with two hammers.
The man, who is in his early 30s was arrested at just before 5am this morning, on King Street, after threatening a woman with the hammers in a bed and breakfast.
Along with the hammers, he was carrying a chisel in his back pocket.
After he would not co-operate with police, officers apprehended the man using pava incapacitant spray, while tasers were authorised but not used.
Police sergeant Mark Shepherd said: 'I think the three or four members of the public who witnessed the incident were very shocked by his behaviour.'
You may also want to watch:
He is being held on suspicion of affray, but a charge is yet to have been made.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 8 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab