Man arrested in connection with robbery at Beccles jewellers
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested in connection with an armed robbery at a Beccles jewellers on Friday.
The 19-year-old man from Gorleston handed himself into police at Lowestoft this morning following warrants at addresses in the Great Yarmouth area yesterday.
He has been arrested on suspicion of robbery and has been taken into custody where he will be interviewed in connection with the incident at Copperfield jewellers in New Market.
Officers were called to the jewellers around 4pm on Friday after four armed men threatened the owner before stealing a number of items.
It is understood the suspects then fled the scene on foot in the direction of Ballygate.
You may also want to watch:
The thieves are believed to have had a shotgun and a knife and all four had their faces covered.
A sign on the door yesterday said the shop would be closed until further notice.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 5 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 6 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 7 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 8 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 9 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 10 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
Police are still trying to tracing those involved in the robbery and anyone with information should call Lowestoft CID on 101.
Alternatively call Crimestopppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or use the online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org