Man arrested for list of offences after high speed police chase through Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
A man was arrested in the early hours of Saturday morning following a police chase in Great Yarmouth.
Police attempted to pull the Vauxhall Vectra over for a traffic stop to check documents in the Southtown area but the driver failed to stop.
Officers pursued the vehicle through streets including Suffolk Road and Church Road but when they were in a position to stop the car the driver abandoned his vehicle and ran off.
He was arrested shortly after on suspicion of dangerous driving, driving with no insurance, failing to stop for police, drug driving, possession of cannabis, driving with no MOT and driving otherwise than in accordance with provisional licence.
The man, in his 30s, remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Following the arrest Steve Lee of Acle Roads Policing tweeted: '3.5 hours late off and reflecting on a high speed pursuit that could have easily ended differently. Great work all round to resolve safely.'
He also apologised for any inconvenience and noise to people in the area. He added: 'It's important we apprehend these people.'
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area