Man arrested for animal cruelty after suspected mistreatment of a dog
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A man in his 30s has been arrested on suspicion of animal cruelty after been seen mistreating a dog in Norwich last night.
Police are appealing for any witnesses to the incident, which occurred some time between 10pm and 10.30pm between Colman Road and Bowthorpe Road.
It is believed a number of people saw what was happening and tried to intervene. A 32-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of animal cruelty and remains in custody.
PC Dan Taylor, of Norwich Police, said: 'A lot of people would have seen it and tried to get involved. If we can reach out to those people that did see anything that would help our case.
'The man is described as a white male and of medium build. He had a walking stick but was not using it. He was wearing a long sleeved white top, a black cap and three quarter length trousers.
You may also want to watch:
'The dog was white with a brown patch over its eye. It has been taken into the care of the RSPCA at this time, and has been taken to the emergency vet to get checked.'
Anyone with any information should contact police on 101 quoting CAD 521.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 8 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 City draw up target list