Man arrested following hostage situation in Methwold
A Norfolk village was brought to a standstill this afternoon following reports of a hostage situation.
Police were called just after 1pm today as a result of concerns for the safety of a man within a property in Old Feltwell Road in Methwold, near Thetford.
A spokesman for Norfolk Police said: 'Officers attended and a woman was taken by police from the property at 1.30pm.'
'Officers continued to speak to a man inside, and at 2.53pm a man was detained by police and is being taken to a Police Investigation Centre for questioning.'
The spokesman added that it is believed to be a domestic-related incident with no members of the public involved.
You may also want to watch:
The incident resulted in Old Feltwell Road being closed whilst police attended the scene.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 5 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 8 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 9 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 10 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit