Man arrested at Magpie Road in Norwich on suspicion of attempted murder in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
One man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after a planned armed police operation in Norwich.
Investigations are ongoing after a police raid led to the arrest of a man on suspicion of attempted murder.
Armed officers and the police helicopter were dispatched to Magpie Road in Norwich yesterday afternoon, as part of a planned operation.
A 28-year-old man from Ipswich was arrested by firearms officers from Suffolk and Norfolk police.
Residents of the area were concerned by the news.
You may also want to watch:
One said: 'It's worrying because there are kids that live in this area, but on the other hand this could happen anywhere.'
Another said: 'We were waiting 45 minutes to get home because the road was blocked off.'
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 3 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 4 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 5 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 6 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 7 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 8 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 9 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
- 10 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
The man who was arrested has been taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre where he will be interviewed by detectives.
The raid was linked to an incident in Ipswich on Tuesday.
Police were alerted just after 12.20am, Tuesday, November 22, to reports of a loud noise at Siloam Place, Ipswich.
A few minutes later police received a call from the ambulance service reporting someone had been attacked at the same location and had injuries to his upper arms.
Officers attended the address, however no one was found at the property.
Around 1.20am police took a further call reporting that an 18-year-old man had arrived at Ipswich Hospital just before 1am with a suspected gunshot wound to his shoulder.
He has received treatment for his injuries, which are not life threatening.
The young man who was injured is not believed to be from the Ipswich area.
Four men arrested on suspicion of GBH on Tuesday following the incident in Siloam Place were released on police bail on Wednesday to return to Martlesham Investigation Centre on 21 February 2017 while inquiries continue.
Police are asking anyone who may have seen anything in the Siloam Place area of Ipswich during the course of Monday evening or into the early hours of Tuesday to call Suffolk Police on 101, quoting CAD number 17 of Tuesday 22 November, or Crimestoppers, anonymously if required, on 0800 555 111.