Man arrested and eight reported for speeding in crackdown on boy racers
- Credit: PA
A man was arrested and eight others reported for speeding in a crackdown on 'boy racers'.
Eight drivers were reported for speeding on Great Yarmouth seafront on Sunday – five were driving at over 47mph in a 30mph area.
A man was arrested and charged for drink driving. He is due to appear at Great Yarmouth Magistrates' Court on August 21.
Two drivers were reported for disobeying the no entry sign on Dickens Avenue.
Inspector McCarthy of the Operational Partnership Team said: 'It's the small majority that drive with no respect for the law and give the event a bad name that we are targeting, the teams will continue to police this weekly gathering in the forthcoming weeks, my message is drive in accordance with your driver training and the Highway Code or risk your licence.'
As part of the crackdown, the Special Constabulary was deployed with speed detection equipment and the police mobile CCTV van was used.
- 1 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 2 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 3 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 4 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 7 Man who survived motorcycle crash died from Covid, inquest told
- 8 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 9 Seven of the oldest Norfolk businesses
- 10 These are the dog breeds given up most at a Norfolk rehoming centre