Man arrested and eight reported for speeding in crackdown on boy racers
- Credit: PA
A man was arrested and eight others reported for speeding in a crackdown on 'boy racers'.
Eight drivers were reported for speeding on Great Yarmouth seafront on Sunday – five were driving at over 47mph in a 30mph area.
A man was arrested and charged for drink driving. He is due to appear at Great Yarmouth Magistrates' Court on August 21.
Two drivers were reported for disobeying the no entry sign on Dickens Avenue.
Inspector McCarthy of the Operational Partnership Team said: 'It's the small majority that drive with no respect for the law and give the event a bad name that we are targeting, the teams will continue to police this weekly gathering in the forthcoming weeks, my message is drive in accordance with your driver training and the Highway Code or risk your licence.'
You may also want to watch:
As part of the crackdown, the Special Constabulary was deployed with speed detection equipment and the police mobile CCTV van was used.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 9 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move
- 10 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns