Man arrested after police pursuit on outskirts of Norwich
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Witnesses are being sought following a police pursuit on the outskirts of Norwich and in Poringland.
A black/grey coloured Volkswagen Golf failed to stop for roads policing officers in a marked BMX X5 at about 2.15pm on Tuesday, May 2 on the A47 eastbound before taking the A140 exit and then the Markshall Farm Road to Poringland.
The vehicle then turned onto The Street, driving past Budgen's before turning right coming to a rest in Trafalgar Square.
The driver, a 20-year-old man, was arrested on suspicion of driving offences and drug possession, and was questioned by police at Wymondham Investigation Centre.
He was released from custody with no bail conditions. However, they remain under investigation while the enquiry continues.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the pursuit and has information concerning the driving manner of the Golf.
Anyone with information should contact PC Jason Ellis at Wymondham Roads Policing on 101 quoting incident number NC-02052017-272.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 6 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 7 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 10 'Man with a van' fined for dumping waste in village