Man arrested after police pursuit on outskirts of Norwich
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Witnesses are being sought following a police pursuit on the outskirts of Norwich and in Poringland.
A black/grey coloured Volkswagen Golf failed to stop for roads policing officers in a marked BMX X5 at about 2.15pm on Tuesday, May 2 on the A47 eastbound before taking the A140 exit and then the Markshall Farm Road to Poringland.
The vehicle then turned onto The Street, driving past Budgen's before turning right coming to a rest in Trafalgar Square.
The driver, a 20-year-old man, was arrested on suspicion of driving offences and drug possession, and was questioned by police at Wymondham Investigation Centre.
He was released from custody with no bail conditions. However, they remain under investigation while the enquiry continues.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the pursuit and has information concerning the driving manner of the Golf.
Anyone with information should contact PC Jason Ellis at Wymondham Roads Policing on 101 quoting incident number NC-02052017-272.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road