Man arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery following failed handbag thefts
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2014
A man has been arrested on suspicion of robbery after members of the public chased away a man who tried to steal two women's handbags.
The two incidents occurred on Wednesday,December 13 between 4.10pm and 4.20pm in Mill Street and St Andrews Street, Mildenhall.
On each occasion, a man made a failed attempt to steal handbags from a 17-year-old girl and a 62-year-old woman.
In both cases, members of the public intervened and the suspect ran away.
Police were called and arrived within a matter of minutes and a short while later arrested a 32-year-old man from the Mildenhall area on suspicion of robbery.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
Any witnesses to either incident are asked to call to call Suffolk Police's West CID at Bury St Edmunds Police Station on 101, quoting reference 79285/17.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 6 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success