Man arrested after mass brawl in Hemsby on day of England-Russia match
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2010
A Gorleston man has been arrested after a fight involving 30 people broke out last weekend in Hemsby.
It happened shortly after 8.45pm on Saturday June 11, the day England played Russia in Euro 2016.
Police said more than 30 people were involved in a 'disturbance' which broke out near to The Lacon Arms.
Officers appealed for witnesses, who saw a man leaving the scene in a white Ford Transit van, to come forward.
A 30-year-old man from the Gorleston area has now been arrested on suspicion of assault GBH, public order offences and possession of an offensive weapon and has been released on bail until Thursday July 28 while enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are still keen to speak with anyone who witnessed the incident or anyone with information. DC Ricki Peake from Norfolk Police's Safeguarding Hub is the investigating officer and can be contacted on 101. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 2 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 5 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 6 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 9 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 10 Tributes to Norwich mum who died from breast cancer aged 47