Man arrested after hit and run in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Chey Holland
A man has been arrested on suspicion of a hit and run in Great Yarmouth.
Two cars were involved in a crash in St Peters Road yesterday evening (Sunday, January 29) at about 4pm.
A woman believed to be in her 20s was treated at the scene for chest and leg pain before being taken to the James Paget Hospital.
Appliances from Gorleston and Great Yarmouth fire stations were sent to the scene and helped release a casualty from their vehicle.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service trust (EEAST) said a rapid response vehicle and an ambulance crew were sent to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The man in his 20s and from the Great Yarmouth area, was arrested on suspicion of traffic offences including failing to stop and driving without insurance.
He has subsequently been bailed until Thursday, February 16 to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre pending further enquiries.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 6 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 7 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 8 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts