Man arrested after 17-year-old cyclist dies in crash
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after a collision in which a 17-year-old cyclist died.
Police say it happened just before 9pm at the crossroads of Northwold and Methwold Road, on the A134 at Northwold, when a Mitsubishi Warrior pick-up truck was involved in a collision with the male rider.
Emergency services attended but the cyclist was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Mitsubishi failed to stop and following enquiries, officers attended an address in Attleborough where a man in his 30s was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
The man was taken to Wymondham police investigation centre for questioning.
The road was closed while emergency services dealt with the incident and scene investigations were carried out. It was reopened around 5am on Friday.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who saw the collision, or has information concerning the driving manner the Mitsubishi or riding manner of the cyclist.
- 1 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 2 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 3 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 4 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 5 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 6 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 9 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 10 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
Anyone with information should contact the serious collision investigation unit at Wymondham on 101 or email SCIU@norfolk.pnn.police.uk.