Man arrested after car crashes into front of Thetford superstore, sparking helicopter manhunt
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after the police helicopter had to be called into action when a car crashed into the front of a superstore.
The man was arrested after a silver Kia went into the front of Tesco in Kilverstone at around 8.30pm on Saturday.
He was arrested nearby in connection with failing to stop at the scene of an accident, criminal damage to the building and a shoplifting offence.
But several Norfolk Police units, including the helicopter, were unable to track down his commpanion.
The first man was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre, before being released on bail.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 4 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 5 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 6 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 7 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages