Man arrested after 50-year-old woman attacked
- Credit: Archant
A woman suffered a head injury after allegedly being attacked during a domestic incident.
Shortly before 2.30pm on Wednesday, January 15, the police were called to the Lowestoft high street, near Station Square.
A spokesperson for Suffolk Constabulary said: "We had a call at just before 2.30pm to a domestic incident.
"A 30-year-old man was arrested after a 50-year-old female suffered a head injury, which needed an ambulance response.
"The parties involved are known to each other."
You may also want to watch:
Chantalle Veevers, who witnessed the police making the arrest, said: "There was a man pinned up against the police car with his hands behind his back, and there were about three police cars shooting in, but I'm not sure how many police officers there were."
Suffolk Constabulary declined to state what the man was arrested on suspicion of.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 4 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 5 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 8 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 9 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 10 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave