Man and woman arrested in connection with death of seven-year-old Hellesdon girl Summer Grant are rebailed
- Credit: Archant
Two people arrested in connection with the death of a seven-year-old Norfolk girl have been rebailed.
A man and a woman were arrested on suspicion of manslaughter by gross negligence after the tragedy in which Summer Grant, aged seven, from Hellesdon, died at an Easter funfair at a park in Harlow, Essex on March 26 last year.
An inquest opening in April heard the Valley Primary School pupil was fatally injured when a bouncy castle blew away.
She was treated at the scene by paramedics but died later in hospital from multiple injuries after the incident.
Essex Police has launched an investigation into the circumstances surrounding Summer's death.
You may also want to watch:
A 24-year-old woman and a 27-year-old man, both from Cambridgeshire, were arrested on suspicion of manslaughter by gross negligence following her death.
The pair have been rebailed, pending further inquiries, until May 2.
- 1 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 2 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 3 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 4 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 5 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 6 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 7 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 8 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 9 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 10 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city