Man airlifted to hospital after two-vehicle crash in March
A pensioner was airlifted to hospital this afternoon after his car was involved in a crash with a lorry.
Clive Christian, 78, was driving from his home in West End, March, to Sharman Fabrications in Gaul Road, also in March, when the crash happened on the A141 at 2pm.
Firefighters cut Mr Christian out of his blue Audi which had been bent by the force of the impact with the grain lorry.
Ambulance crews then tended to Mr Christian by the roadside before the East Anglian Air Ambulance arrived and took him to hospital.
The incident caused traffic chaos in March, with Gaul Road closed and vehicles backed up along the A141.
You may also want to watch:
Lorries were also seen trying to drive through the centre of March in a bid to avoid the queues.
The lorry involved in the crash belongs to James and Son Grain Merchants of Wellingborough. The driver is not thought to have been hurt.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop