Man admits stealing £153,000 from Norfolk and Norwich University hospital bank account
- Credit: Evening News � 2009
A former staff member at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has admitted stealing almost £153,000 from a hospital bank account.
The theft took place over just under six years from January 2011 to November 2016, according to prosecutors.
Steven Hart, 41, of Arlington Close, Attleborough, was charged with theft for taking £152,697 from an endowment account at the hospital.
Hart on Friday pleaded guilty to the charge at Norwich Magistrates Court and the case was sent to Norwich Crown Court for sentencing.
He was released on unconditional bail.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the N&N said: 'The trust's finance department discovered apparent anomalies in one of our bank accounts in January 2017 and, following investigation, a junior member of staff was suspended and subsequently dismissed and the matter referred to the police.
'Given the ongoing legal proceedings it would not be appropriate to comment any further.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 5 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 6 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 7 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 8 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 9 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 10 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray