Man admits exposing himself in Lowestoft park
- Credit: IAN BURT
A 47-YEAR-OLD man has admitted exposing himself in a Lowestoft park on New Year's Day.
Darren Jackson, of Clapham Road Central, Lowestoft, was seen performing a sexual act on himself at the entrance to Belle Vue Park by two police officers travelling towards the A12.
At Lowestoft Magistrates' Court today (Tuesday), Jackson pleaded guilty to a charge of intentionally exposing himself with the intention that someone would see him and be caused alarm or distress
Prosecutor Wayne Ablett said Jackson was half naked and lying on a low wall when the police car passed by at 3am on January 1. The officers found and arrested Jackson after a search of the park.
The court heard that he had no previous convictions for similar offences.
You may also want to watch:
Wayne M Clarke, mitigating, said his client had had too much to drink that night and could not recall the incident. He said Jackson had intended to plead not guilty but, having seen the evidence, accepted what had happened.
Mr Clarke said Jackson, who is unemployed, was sorry for what he had done, and the shame and embarrassment of admitting the offence in court was punishment in itself.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 7 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 8 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 9 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 10 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
Jackson was fined £75 with £40 costs and a £20 victim surcharge.