Man, 68, dies after being hit by a train between Diss and Trowse
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2015
A man has died after he was hit by a train this morning between Diss and Trowse.
It is thought the 68-year-old was from the local area, and a spokeswoman for Greater Anglia said it happened at around 9.30am.
Norfolk Police, the ambulance service and the air ambulance were called to the scene, and trains were delayed or cancelled while emergency services dealt with the incident.
Passengers on the train involved had to wait on board while the emergency services worked, but were told over the tannoy that it was not thought to be suspicious.
All lines between Witham and Norwich were blocked while emergency services responded, but all were reopen by around 2pm this afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Although it was warned there could be disruption until around 3pm.
Passengers were advised to check the Greater Anglia website, or app, before they travel.
For more information on rail delays, click here.
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 5 Week's worth of fuel gone in hours at village filling station
- 6 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 7 Why are there queues for petrol - and do you really need to fill up?
- 8 NASA rocket spotted over Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk Broads' village in £150,000 bid to buy land at auction
- 10 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances