Man, 38, appears in court following police pursuit with van in Norwich
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
A 38-year-old man who was arrested following a police pursuit in Norwich has admitted a number of offences.
It happened on Tuesday 16 April shortly before 11am when a Vauxhall Astra van failed to stop for police in St Benedicts Street.
It resulted in a pursuit which ended in Boundary Road where two people were arrested.
Following the incident Tony Paine, of Leigh-on-Sea, Essex, was charged with dangerous driving, driving without insurance and failing to provide a specimen of blood.
He appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court on April 17 when he indicated a guilty plea to dangerous driving and entered pleas to the other two offences.
You may also want to watch:
The case was sent to the crown court for sentence at a date to be fixed and Paine was granted conditional bail.
• A 29-year-old man arrested on suspicion of possession of a Class B drug and taking a vehicle without consent has been released under investigation.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 4 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 5 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 6 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 7 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 8 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 9 Gunn and Walton on City watch list as Nyland future remains unclear
- 10 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail