Man, 38, appears in court following police pursuit with van in Norwich
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
A 38-year-old man who was arrested following a police pursuit in Norwich has admitted a number of offences.
It happened on Tuesday 16 April shortly before 11am when a Vauxhall Astra van failed to stop for police in St Benedicts Street.
It resulted in a pursuit which ended in Boundary Road where two people were arrested.
Following the incident Tony Paine, of Leigh-on-Sea, Essex, was charged with dangerous driving, driving without insurance and failing to provide a specimen of blood.
He appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court on April 17 when he indicated a guilty plea to dangerous driving and entered pleas to the other two offences.
You may also want to watch:
The case was sent to the crown court for sentence at a date to be fixed and Paine was granted conditional bail.
• A 29-year-old man arrested on suspicion of possession of a Class B drug and taking a vehicle without consent has been released under investigation.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 3 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 4 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 5 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 6 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 9 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
- 10 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month