Male performers needed for Norwich production of West Side Story
- Credit: submitted
The search is on for some male performers to join the cast of a Norwich theatre company's production of West Side Story.
Mixed Voice is presenting the musical - a modern take on Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet - at Norwich Playhouse from August 23 to 27, having previously performed shows including Rent, Godspell and Grease.
Director Holly Graham said: 'To really pull this one off, we need a very strong male cast to form the Sharks and the Jets. It is often far easier to find talented female musical theatre performers than male, so we have started a massive search for the best men in Norfolk.'
Mixed Voice producer, Anna Goode, added: 'We are a fantastic team at Mixed Voice and the rehearsal process isn't just about putting on a show. We try to develop our performers to ensure that they finish each production a better performer.'
Founded in 2007, Mixed Voice describes itself as an amateur theatre company aiming to bridge the gap between local and West End theatre. People aged 16 or over who can sing, dance and act are invited to audition.
You may also want to watch:
Auditions are taking place in Norwich in May, starting with a sing-through of the music on May 4. For more information, visit the Mixed Voice Castings page on Facebook or email email@example.com
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named