Male beauty influencer and YouTube star Georgie Aldous from Gorleston is first man in makeup to feature in New Look fashion campaign
- Credit: Georgie Aldous
A male beauty expert from Gorleston is the first man wearing make up to be featured in a top fashion chain's advertising campaign.
Georgie Aldous, 18, makes videos for YouTube and has earned a reputation as one of the country's leading male beauty influencers.
Now he has been chosen as a face for New Look's fashion campaign, and is the first man in make up to do so.
He said: 'I think I'm the only man in my area who walks around with make up on.
'You do get stared at quite a lot. It needs to be normalised a lot more.
'I feel like when people do come forward and there are more male beauty vloggers in the media then more men that do wear make up would go out in it and express themselves.'
Mr Aldous started making videos for YouTube in 2014 as an escape from bullying he suffered at school.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 5 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 6 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 9 Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'
- 10 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
He was also the first and only male beauty influencer on Instagram's beauty report.