Making waves! Norfolk woman thanks public for helping her reach Miss Mermaid UK finals
- Credit: Paul Dale
Ariel wanted to be part of our world, but one woman from Norfolk is showing us that life under the sea might be more fun.
Hannah Griffiths from Acle, has trained to become a professional mermaid, undertaking swimming and diving qualifications at mermaid schools across the world.
The 35-year-old was crowned Miss Mermaid Norfolk at the beginning of the year and is now hoping to claim the national title.
Following the success of an online campaign to raise sponsorship funds, Miss Griffiths, whose mermaid name is Hannah Pearl, will be competing in the finals of Miss Mermaid UK over July 28 and 29.
'Everyone has been so supportive,' said Miss Griffiths. 'I really must thank all my friends, family and colleagues, who have helped me secure a place at Miss Mermaid UK in a few weeks time.'
You may also want to watch:
'I've even had donations from people I don't know in Norfolk, that kind of support is priceless.'
As part of her preparation for the event, Hannah has also been raising money for the Marine Conservation Society who are working in partnership with the pageant. So far she has raised more than £200.
• For more information or to follow Hannah's mermaid journey, visit facebook.com/mermaidhannahpearl
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area