Major races on the horizon for Blakeney rowing team
- Credit: Archant
Blakeney Rowing Club has announced some of their latest events, and are inviting people to join in or go along to support their local team.
Their next major event will be the morston Regatta on August 18. The race, beginning at 9.30am, will see boats race towards Blakeney Point.
The second will be the Wells to Blakeney Row, taking place on September 1.
Teams from Blakeney, King's Lynn and Essex will row the narrow channel between the two towns, a test for the boats in rowing and coding skills.
The Blakeney Regatta will be held just a day later, where all of the local club's teams will compete to make it to Blakeney Point.
You may also want to watch:
Following that will be the Thames Great River Race on September 8, with boats racing from the Isle of Dogs to Richmond, a 22 mile stint.
The north Norfolk team will be competing against around 300 boats.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 8 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 9 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting