Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- Credit: Wisbech Standard reader
A major fire – believed to be hay bales – broke out in the Fens last night.
A Norfolk Fire Service spokesperson said it was dealing with “a large fire” on Grange Road, Walpole Cross Keys at around 8pm on Monday, October 25.
The village is eight miles from Wisbech.
Norfolk Fire Service confirmed two pumps attended and that the location is just off the A17.
Police also attended the scene of the blaze.
“We advise all in the area to keep doors and windows closed,” said a fire service spokesperson.
The fire service has now confirmed that the incident is over.
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 3 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 6 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 7 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 9 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 10 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'