Crews spotted in Fenland filming major TV show for Amazon Prime
Camera crews were spotted near Upwell, six miles from Wisbech, filming the second season of the hit-Amazon Prime TV series Alex Rider.
Star of the show Otto Farrant was snapped filming several scenes at Mudd’s Drove and Squire’s Drove in Three Holes on Wednesday (May 19).
The series is based on best-selling novels by Anthony Horowitz and stars Otto, Line of Duty’s Vicky McClure and Game of Thrones’ Stephen Dillane.
We pictured actors, along with Otto’s stunt double, shooting a number of scenes on bikes as well as the large camera crews setting up.
“They’re using a farm along Mudd’s Drove as a base for the production crew,” said one resident who spotted the film crew lorries arriving on Tuesday (May 18).
You may also want to watch:
It’s not yet known when the new series will air on Amazon Prime, but some Fenland residents may be able to recognise the backdrop when the show is released.
In the show, Alex Rider is an ordinary teenager is recruited by a subdivision of MI6 as a teenage spy to infiltrate places that others are unable to.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 6 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 7 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 8 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout
- 9 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 10 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
He uses skills he didn't know he had to become an extraordinary spy.