Head chef of well-known Norwich hotel reaches competition semi-final
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2013
The head chef of a popular Norwich hotel has reached the semi-final of a prestigious competition.
Marcin 'Magic' Pomierny, 33, head chef at the Maids Head Hotel, has reached the semi-final of the Craft Guild of Chefs National Chef of the Year competition.
Mr Pomierny, who was Chef of the Year in the EDP Norfolk Food and Drink Awards 2016 will compete in a semi-final heat is at Le Cordon Bleu in London on June 19.
He said: 'I am really excited to have reached the semi-final of the National Chef of the Year competition.
'The menu that I will be cooking on June 19 will feature English dishes using the best of East Anglian produce. I will do my very best to secure a place in the final for the Maids Head and Norwich.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Pomierny's summer a la carte menu was released at the hotel this week.
The winner of each heat will go to the final at The Restaurant Show in October.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 What happened when The Only Way Is Essex was filmed in Norfolk?