Maddermarket Theatre’s latest show takes a look at the politics of love
- Credit: Reflective Arts
The politics of love and matters of the state are the focus of the latest show which is being presented by the Norwich Players at the Maddermarket Theatre.
Skylight, written by David Hare, opens at the city venue on Friday, February 17.
The show, which is directed by Pip Sessions, interweaves the personal and the political.
Set in the aftermath of the Margaret Thatcher era, it puts the spotlight on school teacher Kyra and restauranteur Tom - two people who on the surface appear to be an unlikely couple but on some profound level are meant for each other.
Can their past love be brought to life again under different circumstances, and can they reconcile their passions and politics?
You may also want to watch:
Skylight is at the Maddermarket Theatre, in St John's Alley, from February 17 to 25.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
For more information and to book tickets, visit www.maddermarket.co.uk or call 01603 620917.