Maddermarket Theatre’s latest show takes a look at the politics of love
- Credit: Reflective Arts
The politics of love and matters of the state are the focus of the latest show which is being presented by the Norwich Players at the Maddermarket Theatre.
Skylight, written by David Hare, opens at the city venue on Friday, February 17.
The show, which is directed by Pip Sessions, interweaves the personal and the political.
Set in the aftermath of the Margaret Thatcher era, it puts the spotlight on school teacher Kyra and restauranteur Tom - two people who on the surface appear to be an unlikely couple but on some profound level are meant for each other.
Can their past love be brought to life again under different circumstances, and can they reconcile their passions and politics?
You may also want to watch:
Skylight is at the Maddermarket Theatre, in St John's Alley, from February 17 to 25.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 6 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 7 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 8 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 9 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 10 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
For more information and to book tickets, visit www.maddermarket.co.uk or call 01603 620917.