Macmillan Cancer Support charity bike ride brothers ready for north Suffolk challenge
Brothers Jonny and Martin Dickson will have their father in mind when they complete a 100-mile cycle ride around north Suffolk villages to raise money for a cancer charity.
The pair, aged 33 and 35 respectively, will be completing the bike ride on May 5 to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support in memory of their father Laurie, who died from skin cancer in January 2011.
They will be starting and finishing at the Dolphin pub in Wortham and will be completing five 20-mile circuits around the villages, visiting places that would have been familiar to their father.
Mr Dickson was well known to community organisations in the Diss area, as he was actively involved with tennis clubs and Diss Squash Club, while he was also an actor with the Wortham and Redgrave Theatre Group.
Jonny said: 'He was very energetic in life in general and he was very passionate about his interests. He was very confident and had a large number of friends.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Dickson lived with his wife Helen in Redgrave for the last few years of his life, having previously lived in Wortham.
To sponsor them, text 'EQKH76' followed by the amount you would like to donate, such as �5, to 70070. Or visit the Just Giving website to sponsor them at www.justgiving.com/DicksonBrothers
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 5 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 6 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 7 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 8 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 9 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash